High School student graduating 2020 and competitive athlete focusing on swimming, lifesaving competition and surf racing. Interests include all things water and science.
2018: United States Lifesaving Assocation Youth National Team
2018: Los Angeles County Surf Racing Team
2017 - Present: West High School Varsity Swim Team
2016 - Present: Beach Cities Swim Club
2016 - Present: US Lifesaving Association U19 High Performance Squad
2014 - Present: Representing L.A. County Fire Department Junior Lifeguards in regional and national competition
- 2018 USLA National Championships placing: 1st in Ironperson, 1st in Surf Ski and 1st in Rescue Relay in female U19 division.
- 2017 USLA National Championships placing: 3rd in Run-Swim-Run, 4th in Distance Swim, 7th in Ironguard, 9th in Board Race, 11th in Rescue Relay.
- 2016 USLA National Championships placing: 3rd in Ironguard, 5th in swim relay, 12th paddleboard race, 15th in distance swim and rescue relay
- 2015 USLA National Championships placing: Top 20 in Run-Swim-Run, Distance Swim, Distance Paddle and Ironguard events
- Placed 5th in Run-Swim-Run regional competition (SoCal, AZ, NM) in 2014
2013 - 2016: Swim Torrance swim team
2015 - Science Project: Bacteria prevalence on cellphones
2014 - Science Project: Amount of food dyes in M&Ms and vegetable based alternatives
2013 - Science Project: Creating practical water filtration from household items for use in natural disasters. Placed 1st in 5th Grade Science Fair
Learn more about Katelyn at https://katelyn.nimsky.net.